The Spanish Institute for Intercultural Studies adheres to the COVID-19 rules and regulations put forth by the local and national governments. We adjust to the continuous changes in these regulations as they adapt to the developments regarding the virus. We count on our students and partners to collaborate with us in this flexibility.
Likewise, our partner institutions have protocols in place that adhere to strict local regulations, including distancing, group size limitations and interaction, heightened sanitizing, mask-wearing everywhere, etc. See the University of Seville COVID-19 guidelines.
The Institute has been running classes in Seville since June 2020 for international students who remained and has had no infections. We follow the FECEI (Federacion Española de Centros de Enseñanza de Idiomas) protocols including a COVID-19 response coordinator on-site to ensure compliance with strict local regulations including:
Daily disinfection of the premises
Daily temperature monitoring
Providing sanitizer for hands and shoes
Fresh air ventilation
Spain does not require quarantine upon arrival. While living in Spain, requirements are that you self-isolate and quarantine only if you show COVID-19 symptoms at any time.
2021 Spring Semester classes are in-person at the University of Seville unless the regulation changes, in which case they will be partially or completely online. We will work with students to facilitate the process.
Should the global health situation worsen, and US and local health authorities recommend it, the Spring 2021 Semester Program may be cancelled. In this case we will work with students to facilitate the process.
The 2021 Spring Semester begins on February 13 and ends May 13. As it is under is under 90 days, you are not required to have a student visa prior to traveling to Spain. Instead, at the
airports you need to present a letter from our Institute certifying your full-time enrollment status and insurance coverage.
Refund Policy for Spring 2021 programs:
- If a program must be cancelled, we will apply any payments made (including the deposit) to a future program, or we will reimburse the full amount.
- Unless we cancel a program, the deposit is always non-refundable.
- Full refund (minus deposit) for students who cancel after the full payment deadline of December 15, 2020 for any reason
- If a student withdraws between December 15 and up to the program start date, we will refund 50% of tuition fees; students will forfeit all other fees.
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawals after the program start date.
- There will be no refunds in case of program interruption once a program has started; students will be accommodated in their residence and tuition will be delivered virtually.
- For information on cancellation insurance options see these links: National Geographic