Registration, Payment and Booking Procedure
Customers book our courses by first submitting a completed online pre-registration form on our website or at the Institute reception. The contract with Instituto Español de Estudios Interculturales, SLU referred to hereafter as CHÉNGZI is finalized only when the customer has paid and receives a written Registration Confirmation from CHÉNGZI; if no such Registration Confirmation is received, the customer is not entitled to the booked service.
Bookings by minors must be signed by the parent/guardian. In this case, the contract does not go into effect until the customer has received written Registration Confirmation from CHÉNGZI and CHÉNGZI has received the signed Registration Confirmation by the parent/guardian.
In order to complete your pre-registration for a course, we will ask you to pay a registration fee which will be put toward your total course amount. If you prefer, you may pay the full amount for the course and accommodation instead. The remaining cost of the course and accommodation must be paid in full at least 15 days before the Spanish Language course start date, or 45 days before the University Program or the Custom Program Course start date.
Use one of the following methods:
- Bank transfer. Bank Transfer: If you want to pay through Bank Transfer, please contact us by email for the bank information.
- PAYPAL/Credit Card using the application on the Institute website or using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHÉNGZI will not pay any bank charges – if they are outstanding at the start of the course you will be asked to pay for them. When we receive the payment or the payment confirmation we will confirm the reservation and send all the necessary information before the student’s arrival.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. The cancellation date will be the date on which CHÉNGZI receives the written cancellation. We strongly recommend that you arrange insurance coverage to protect you against the possibility of cancellation due to illness or accident.
Spanish Language Program Cancellation Fees
- Registration Fee of 45€ is required for Pre-Registration Confirmation. This amount will go toward the total program fee.
- Full Payment is required 15 days before the course start date.
- An enrolment may be cancelled if CHÉNGZI receives a written notice not less than 7 days before the course start date. In this case, the pre-registration fee will be put on hold and the participant may put it toward a future course within a period of up to one year.
- For cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date a full refund is available only for course fees exceeding 500€. Once the course has begun, the course fee is not reimbursable.
- There is no fee refund for days missed during the course or for late arrival or early departure.
University Program and Customized Program Cancellation Fees
- Registration fee of 150€ is required for Pre-Registration Confirmation. This amount will go toward the total program fee.
- Full Payment is required 45 days before the course start date.
- An enrolment may be cancelled if CHÉNGZI receives a written notice not less than 45 days before the course start date. In this case, the registration fee will be put on hold and the participant put it toward a future course within a period of up to one year.
- For cancellations received less than 30 days before the start date a full refund is available only for course fees exceeding 500€. Once the course has begun, the course fee is not reimbursable.
- There is no fee refund for days missed during the course or for late arrival or early departure.
- A 10% cancellation fee will be charged for accommodation cancellations provided that CHÉNGZI receives a written notice no less than 45 days before accommodation booking start date.
- For accommodation cancellations received less than 45 days there will be a refund only for bookings of over 30 days. In this case there will be a full refund for all booked days over 30.
The following terms apply to the letter of invitation issued by CHÉNGZI for the Spanish embassy: Should the visa not be issued, CHÉNGZI will refund the full payment made less the costs incurred, such as postage costs (e.g. DHL), bank charges and an administration fee of € 150. CHÉNGZI must receive from the participant the visa rejection official communication with the original letter of invitation.
After a student receives a visa the language course may be cancelled only when CHÉNGZI receives the official communication from the Spanish Embassy and proving that the participant has renounced entry into Spain. If the participant has already entered Spain, cancellation of the course is no longer possible.
Absence from classes
Group lessons and courses for two students will not be made up under any circumstances when not attended.
One-to-one language training may be cancelled free of charge if CHÉNGZI receives a cancellation notice at least 24 hours before course start time. Please note: for Monday courses, CHÉNGZI must receive a cancellation notice by 12:00 noon on the preceding Friday. In this case, the missed class can be rescheduled right before or after the originally scheduled session.
Breaks during long-term courses can be arranged at no cost with a prior 15 day-notice to CHÉNGZI. In this case, the course of the number of weeks of the break. In case of last-minute announcements of breaks all classes within the 15 day period will not be refunded.
The Institute’s insurance provides cover for accident/injury on the Institute premises only. Students are not insured by the CHÉNGZI against illness, theft, damage or loss of personal effects and CHÉNGZI accepts no responsibility in the event of such an occurrence. You must have your own personal insurance for the duration of your stay.
Health Insurance – As an EU citizen you may be entitled to free medical treatment in Spain (please check before leaving your country). However, students are strongly recommended to take out full travel, health, money and baggage insurance in advance. EU nationals should also bring their EU Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
We are open all year, except Easter Thursday & Friday, Christmas and New Year’s Day and on public holidays as follows:
Public holidays 2019: 01.01., 07.01., 18.04. and 19.04., 01.05., 03.05. and 30.05., 16.07., 15.08., 01.11., 06.12. and 25.12.
Public holidays 2020: 01.01., 06.01., 25.02., 09.04. and 10.04., 01.05., 14.07., 07.09., 12.10., 07.12., 08.12. and 25.12.
As a rule, classes lost due to public holidays will not be recovered, except when two public holidays fall within the same week. In this case, one day will be rescheduled on the same week.
If there is a public holiday on a Monday the course starts on Tuesday.
The Spanish Language Program registration fee is: €45. This registration fee is charged only once and is valid for life.
The University Program and the Customized Programs registration fee is 150€.
The course fee includes several evening leisure activities per week, internet access, a Spanish course attendance certificate, and a grammar workbook.
The courses price does not include additional material or books used in the course (they can be hired or bought), transfer or travel costs, examination fees nor the cost of extracurricular activities.
Extracurricular activities arranged by CHÉNGZI are paid separately and include cultural services such as city visits and activities (see a film, visit a museum etc.) and excursions to nearby towns, etc. CHÉNGZI does not take any responsibility for services provided by partner companies (such as transportation, hired guides, etc.). Any accidents occurred during such services, should be assumed by your insurances or the insurances of the operating partners.
Group sizes: Minimum 3, maximum 12 students. With less than 3 students in a course, we reserve the right to reduce the teaching time to 75% (two students) or 50% (one student).
Course time: Most courses start in the morning at 9:00h but we reserve the right to schedule the lessons at the most suitable time. The time schedule might change from week to week.
Force Majeur: If for any reason out of our control we must close the Institute (i.e. due to meteorological warnings), the classes will not be held nor be made up at a later date.
- Check-in is on Sundays, check-out is on Saturdays.
- Students staying in an accommodation organized by CHÉNGZImust leave a copy of their ID or Passport and pay €50 deposit on arrival. The deposit will be retained for the duration of the stay. The deposit will be returned during check-out after the apartment is inspected to ensure that it is broom cleaned, tidy, and that no damage has been done to fixtures and fittings and provided that the house rules have been followed.
Participants are expected to display impeccable and disciplined conduct toward landlords, roommates, fellow-participants, and all CHÉNGZI staff members.
CHÉNGZI reserves the right to refuse admission or terminate the contract without notice and without a refund of fees, in the event of misconduct, unsatisfactory attendance or unsatisfactory work. In the event of unruly behavior, as well as violations of Spanish law (e.g., theft, drug abuse, damage to property or personal injury, illegal downloads), CHÉNGZI reserves the right to immediately exclude participants from the course or program. The participant or their parent/guardian must then cover the costs for early departure.
Photos of students
During the Institute’s daily activities and extracurricular activities we will often take pictures or record videos with our students. If you do not consent to your pictures being published on our website, Facebook or other media used by the Institute, please advise us in advance so that we can take it into account.
Booking through Third Party Businesses
While Third Party Business terms and conditions may apply to you, we, CHÉNGZI, reserve the right to apply our own terms.