Our University Program, taught at the University of Seville (US), is for students of any level of Spanish language who wish to earn credit toward their major or minor as they improve their Spanish language skills and intercultural competence. Choose from a variety of fields of study, taught in Spanish and English, some in Chinese and learn alongside Spanish and international peers. Normally a student selects one or more Spanish language courses plus several electives.
YOUR ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Your University Program classes take place at the University of Seville (US). Classes are taught in English or Spanish, and some in Chinese, Monday thru Thursday between 9 am and 9 pm by university professors with vast experience teaching international students. Our students interact frequently with local students through our language exchange program and cultural activities.
THE UNIVERSITY PROGRAM
|Nº COURSES / CREDITS||4-5 Courses | 3 to 4 U.S. credits each | Total 12 to 18 U.S. credits
4-5 Courses | 4 to 6 ECTS credits each | Total 18 to 27 ECTS credits
|Nº HOURS||Up to 270 hours total|
|MAJORS||Spanish Language and Culture
Liberal Arts & Humanities
|START AND END DATES||Sep 16, 2021 to
Dec 15, 2021
|Feb 3, 2022 to
May 11, 2022
|September 2022 to
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||June 15, 2021||November 15, 2021||June 15, 2022|
|Class size||8-12 students|
SEMESTER AND ACADEMIC
- Spanish Language and International Studies Program: Take Spanish language classes and electives, at the local university, in Spanish or English with Spanish and International peers (other languages offered).
- Integrated Studies Program: Take courses for your major in Spanish alongside Spanish students.
- Internship & Service Learning Program: Students enroll in the International Studies Program plus an Internship or Service Learning, at a local organization. A high level of Spanish is required.
- Program Length and Dates:
Fall Semester (12-13 weeks, September to December (application deadline: June 15)
Spring Semester (14-15 weeks in Spring: February to May (application deadline: November 15)
Academic Year (32 weeks)
- Credits: 12-18 U.S. credits (26-36 ECTS) per Semester (= 195 to 270 class hours) at University of Seville
- Language of instruction: Spanish or English
- Content courses: Choose from a variety of fields of study: Spanish Language and Culture, International Studies, Humanities, Sciences. Some specific fields are Anthropology, Art, Literature, History, Political Science, Education, Psychology, Communication, Business, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, etc.
- Average class size: 8-12 students
Eligibility: Age 17 minimum, university students, 2.75 GPA, level B2 in English or Spanish
STUDY TRIPS AND VISITS INCLUDED
Enjoy and learn in guided visits to Seville’s most emblematic monuments and museums, such as the Cathedral, Alcazar Royal Palace, Fine Arts Museum, as well as excursions and overnight trips to destinations such as Córdoba, Granada, Mérida and Cáceres.
Included in the program fee is student lodging, in individual or double rooms with a family in carefully selected Homestays or in a Student Residence. Full board, internet, laundry and cleaning, sheets and towels are included.